The Asian company is a reputed automotive gears manufacturer for major OEMs in the automobile industry. They design, develop and export all types of tailor-made gears to Asian, European and Middle East markets as per specific requirements. Most of their affiliations are with Tier-1 OEMs in the automobile industry for multiple products.
The client offerings cover a huge range of gears which are marketed across multiple countries. They manually monitored sales and profitability data across markets and customers using spreadsheets. KPI-based monthly and quarterly reports were also generated manually.
Owing to a manual, complex and time-consuming process, these reports:
- Were ridden with errors.
- Provided less visibility of profitability for each type of gears against each customer account.
- Missed out on crucial insights related to sales, profitability and invoice vs. quantity figures.
They needed a smart and digitized sales reporting solution to produce accurate and interactive reports from existing pool of data for timely business decisions.
Due to absence of a ‘single source of truth’ for sales reporting, the core challenges were:
- Restructuring of massive amounts of inaccurate and inconsistent information stored in excel spreadsheets
- Lack of standardized approach to de-duplicate data collected from different sources
HitechDigital developed full-cycle reporting and customized dashboards driven by clean and standardized data to:
- Gain optimum visibility into the entire sales cycle
- Generate granular sales reports and dashboards through integrated data
- In order to prepare the data for reports generation, our data specialists manually merged, de-duplicated, cleansed and restructured data across bulky spreadsheets maintained separately by sales and marketing teams. Standardized nomenclature and field levels were used to deliver accurate sales reports, invoice vs. quantity reports etc. on month-on-month basis.
- Without disrupting their existing sales data capturing methodology, our data scientists streamlined, consolidated and integrated sales data gathered from varied sources.
- Identified the right platform- Tableau to connect data and create interactive and shareable dashboards with just a few clicks.
- Defined and documented specific KPIs for different regions.
- Delivered a fully functional dashboard, using Tableau platform, with all pre-defined KPIs that were monitored along with auto generation of reports for daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly analysis for all business regions.
- Conducted user training for multiple teams to use the platform effectively.
- Software and Technology Used: Tableau BI Tool