Leading automobile manufacturer, Germany
Client is a well-known automobile manufacturer who had recently invested in new office setup in Germany without any defined design division and needed to install an overhead structure. Hitech project engineers teamed-up with the client to deliver rendered designs and detailed engineering drawings.
- Design and develop manufacturing ready, details from conceptual idea, for overhead structure used to display automobile.
- Research for accessories such as LEDs and other equipment to make the structure more appealing.
- Assessment of design suitability of overhead structure to allow fixtures such as brackets for television and ornamental products.
- Overhanging structures add to the risk of stability, hence selecting appropriate material is critical.
- Selecting appropriate dimensions and placing the fixtures as the additional mass will tend to shift center of mass tend and disturb the structural stability.
- Explore aesthetics options in case of fixtures and LEDs from the end user’s perspective.
- Aligning designs aesthetics with the availability of electronics at the site location – Germany.
- Flexibility in design changes according to the requirements and suit the standards as well.
Hitech engineers delivered design support and assistance to the client right from initial concept inception through detailed technical drawings including material selection, geometry and appropriate dimensions. The project researched the electronic equipment available in the region and allowed the structural design to evolve. A final rendered model for easy design communication, and separate drawings were delivered to meet predefined quality bar.
- Poject team associated with the client for understanding their requirements to finalize the dimensions and geometry of the structure.
- Research for the availability of electronic equipment was carried out to decide on the final form, fit and finishing of the structure.
- An LED panel was attached on the inside roof of structure to make the aesthetics look appealing.
- A well-researched geometry was selected and validated with accurate bend angles, thickness, length and width of the over hang.
- Hanging points, floor joints and brackets for electronics attachment were strategically placed and center of gravity was defined for stability of the structure.
- Finalized rendered model along with isometric views and assembly of the overhang structure were prepared to facilitate onsite assembly.
- Client was enabled to develop the design of the structure based only on the concept provided without any design or engineering resources available.
- Insights for appropriate material selection for manufacturing and installing the structure.
- Final designs of the structure was delivered to the client which was eye catching to the end customer as well as stable and durable.
We remember we didn’t have sufficient resources, and had unmanageable tasks on our hand; but with Hitech’s engineering teams having in-depth research qualities and technical skills. We accomplished our tasks satisfactorily with their design teams on our side.
- Response to quick new office setup needs without any significant delays.
- Enabled attracting more valued customers with well researched designs.
- Reduced materials waste and design iterations with the appropriate design exploration in early stages.