The client is a 40-year-old international workforce solutions provider to industries focused on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). With 800 employees, 60 offices and over 7,000 contractors, they command a global approach and reach.
The client had 5,000+ scanned images of handwritten skill assessment forms and candidate Identity proof documents. For conducting background checks they wanted experts to:
- Enter information from the scanned images of handwritten skill assessment forms and Id documents into a client approved excel format.
- Dedupe the candidate database to have a unique and standardized list of candidates.
- Conduct a qualifier check using skill assessment forms and a qualification mapping metric.
- Authenticate candidate’s employment history through web research and phone calls.
The international workforce solutions company partnered with HitechDigital to support their candidate verification process and fast track their hiring process.
The following challenges were highlighted as “need to be addressed” by the Project Management team:
- Significantly high volume of work- multiple steps, data entry for 35+ fields and 5,000 profiles – all of which needed to be completed within 35 days.
- Many a time, the handwritten assessment forms were illegible and needed to be sent back to the client for clarification or for requesting fresh images. This delayed the overall process.
- Skill assessment forms and candidate ID documents were received in separate lots and needed to be mapped accurately.
- A few hundred handwritten skill assessment forms were in Portuguese and required us to deploy Portuguese specialists to address such cases.
- No responses to our feedback-request emails from former employers or their non-availability during the initial Skype or phone calls required continued follow-ups and delayed project schedule.
Devised and delivered a seamless two-step candidate verification workflow. The first step involved manual data extraction and entry of 35 data fields from 5,000+ scanned images of handwritten skill assessment forms and Id proof documents. In the second step, feedback forms were emailed to ex-employers, follow up over SKYPE calls, and entering their feedback in client approved excel format.
Hiring and Training
A 10-member team of data verification professionals and tele calling executives was assigned to the project. The team members were trained in:
- Engineering jargon as well as terminologies used on Oil and Gas rigs and platforms.
- Basic Portuguese language
- Identification and information extraction from specific fields assessment and ID proof documents.
- Each candidate’s profile was meticulously evaluated against the client-provided qualification matrix.
- Updated the excel sheet, marking candidates as “Qualify” or “Not-Qualify.”
- For those who qualified, we initiated a feedback verification process. Non-qualifying candidates did not undergo this step.
- For qualified candidates, we conducted verification using Google search for data authenticity and eliminate duplicates. All significant findings and observations were systematically recorded in the Excel sheet.
- We sent feedback forms via email to previous employers of qualified candidates, asking them to authenticate the employment history.
- For ex-employers who did not respond to emails, we followed-up through Skype calls. These calls were recorded and included in the feedback database.
- We leveraged custom in-house Excel macros to efficiently manage reminders and notifications to do thorough follow-ups with employers to send back duly filled feedback forms.
- Upon receiving these forms, we accurately entered the feedback into the client-approved Excel format.
- The final candidate verification database in excel format was sent across to the client.
- Daily reports in the form of dashboards and spreadsheets were shared for quality, turnaround, and productivity metrics.
- Project monitoring report including KPI achievements against goals was shared after project completion in 35 days.
Quality Check and Audit
- We used the double key-in method to eliminate errors and 100% accurate data entered in the excel sheet.
- Scanned document images for records entered erroneously were routed back to respective data entry professionals for corrections.
Objective and comparative candidate analysis improved the quality of hiring
High number of verified feedbacks accelerated the hiring process
Offshoring model optimized operational cost, better hiring decisions and reduced risks