The client from Pennsylvania provides a diverse range of jewelry including necklaces, earrings, rings, bracelets and combination sets to customers across the globe. Along with brick and mortar stores they were looking out to launch an online store as well to intensify digital presence for greater market penetration and reach.
In order to entice customers and enhance their shopping experience client needed high quality, clean and striking jewelry images in their digital catalogs. The low resolution, full of white noise jewelry photos required precision editing in order to make the jewelry look captivating.
They partnered with Hitech for editing, retouching and enhancing jewelry images at scale within strict timelines.
The data aggregation and validation which included a mix of manual and automated processes invited the following challenges:
- Our image editing experts started by removing all visible spots, dust marks, noise, and other unwanted elements. Apart from low quality, the input images had to be tended for:
- Dust, irregular cuts, graininess and blurriness
- Inconsistent background
- Synchronize varying light and angles across the portfolio of jewelry
- Manage resource scalability to address fluctuating volumes
Delivered professionally edited and retouched jewelry photos in JPEG format on an on-going basis to the client. To add brilliance to jewelry photos, our team:
- Made adjustments of brightness, color and contrast
- Emphasized intricacy, cuts, aesthetics and curves
- Concealed spots and irregularities
- Removed dust, grains, and inappropriate background
A team of jewelry photo editing experts with functional and domain experience was deployed to work in three shifts to accomplish the task within prescribed timeline.
- Images of necklaces, earrings, rings, bracelets and combination sets were categorized and routed to jewelry photo editors based on their image editing and retouching proficiencies.
- Team of professional photo editors retouched and edited batch-wise jewelry photos to:
- Add appropriate proper background and props
- Adjust lighting and contrast
- Add gloss and shine
- Separate gems and stone color variants
- Remove dust and spots
- Multi-layered quality check by team leads and trained photo editors against predefined guidelines/client provided checklist to ensure HD quality images with 96% to 99% precision.
- 50,000 plus final output files in JPEGs and layered PSD format delivered to client using secured FTTP servers.
- Tools and Technology used: Adobe Photoshop and Bridge
High quality jewelry images increased visual appeal and hence repeat visitors
Higher conversions and increased revenues
Affordable and high-quality photo editing optimized operational cost