A leading specialist advisory firm in economic development, providing a comprehensive portfolio of trade and advisory services to economic development organizations (EDOs) and companies.
Verifying 28K records with more than 80 fields; gathered from various data sources and prepare it to be sold to government agencies for FDI – Foreign Direct Investment.
- Creating and developing customer-centric investment portfolios.
- Data collection and cleansing required in-house teams to work double shifts.
- Convert relevant data into actionable information.
- Reduced time to decision.
- Various data sources contained different information for the same company.
- Global HQ’s address not mentioned categorically by all companies.
- Companies don’t list count of employees and revenue figures on their website.
- Verification of add & phones, and verification of foundation year, employees number, and revenue was to be done by two different teams.
- Data cleansing followed with standardization in form of detailed company description to assist the client in achieving that single customer view and develop customer-centric investment portfolios.
- Web research was conducted with help of macros and bots, to crawl as well as verify the information available.
- Value addition:
- For customer profiling referential integrity checks were performed.
- Macros and bots to crawl and verify dissimilar information of same company on various data sources were put at task.
- Project was split in two teams; addresses and phone number verification by semi-skilled professionals and rest by experts.
- Web research was conducted to determine the city of company’s global HQ and collect its address.
- Rapid access to data consolidated from all sources
- Cost savings
- Reports were visually more appealing
- Accurate information led to data based decision making
With help of single customer view and customer-centric investment portfolios, the data aggregator won the BID of supplying data to government agencies.
The team at Hi-Tech worked closely with us to identify some existing data issues when preparing the data file for verification. We are pleased to have a partner that cares so much about our business.