The client is one of Netherlands’ leading real estate companies operating in the social housing space. Committed to providing quality and affordable housing, the social housing corporation meets the living needs of more than 10,000 tenants in the Netherlands. The company with an employee strength of 70+, commands a turnover of $153.35 million.
The client needed to create digital twins for each of their residential properties in accordance with government mandates within a short timeframe of 5 months. The digital twins would also aid in facility management of their residential properties.
They consulted HitechDigital for the project and together they agreed on the project scope which required HitechDigital to:
- Build NEN 2580 compliant 3D Digital Twins accompanied by NEN 2580 reports, for more than 10,000 residential units to be submitted to the Netherlands Government.
- Develop IFC specifications and CAD drawings to understand finer details of design components.
- Fabricate PDFs for floor plans to understand the function of each room with views, relationships, spaces, and other features.
HitechDigital created an entire digitized real estate portfolio (twin model) with accurate NEN 2580 reports (compliant) and enhanced representation (through Lux) to the tenants/renters.
The key deliverables included 3D Digital Twins for 10,000+ residential units, each accompanied by reports/certificates in compliance with NEN2580 standards. The BIM ILS standard models enabled the client to meet the Netherlands government property standards mandate. The project was supported by the technological capabilities of Luxs in visualizing real-estate data and providing NEN2580 compliant reports.
The approach followed by the HitechDigital team of BIM engineers included the following steps:
- End-to-end 3D BIM modeling using Autodesk Revit for creation of NEN2580 area plans, enriched with data and preparation of schedules using Autodesk Revit Dynamo.
- Auto-generated NEN2580 PDF reports were extracted using Autodesk Revit API for submission to the Netherlands Government.
- Extensive and in-depth study of the Dutch NEN2580 standards.
- The inputs were received in the form of pdfs which the BIM modelling team converted into 3D BIM models using Revit Architecture.
- IFC specifications and drawings were developed to understand the finer details of design components.
- Generated 2D floor plans to understand the function of each room with sizes, spaces, and other features.
- NEN2580 enriched reports were generated using custom tools developed by the in-house BIM automation team. The scripts helped generate NEN 2580 reports in the format mandated by the Dutch Government.
- Stringent quality check processes validated model accuracy, performance, and reliability against the detailed QC metrics defined. Tools for Quality check were developed by the in-house team.
- Final Deliverables: Revit files, IFC, PDFs, and NEN2580 reports
Tools and Technology used- Revit, Custom Tools and Plugins, Dynamo
Quality: 80% FTR (First Time Right)
Quality: Met government compliance through NEN580 reports
Timeline: Project completion within the stipulated 5 months
Cost: Project cost well within stipulated budget