The client is one of the leading Architectural firms in Australia
To create an inter-disciplinary coordinated Revit model for a residential project for architectural, structural and MEP disciplines, and deliver a clash detection report to enable better decision making prior to construction.
- Create coordinated inter-disciplinary Revit model for architectural, structural and MEP disciplines.
- Accurate quantities of required material & elements for cost estimation.
- Generate clash report to resolve enable better decision making prior to construction.
- Short turnaround time of 6 weeks for project delivery.
- Drawings received were from separate consultants.
- There was no primary coordination done earlier.
- Created a multi-disciplinary coordinated Revit model of the building and generated clash report of the project.
- Each element of the building was modelled with detailed information to generate BOQ with ease which helped in quantifying of required material in advance, to reduce construction waste and to manage on-site material storage and construction schedule.
- The team at Hitech created a multi-disciplinary coordinated Revit model of architectural, structural and MEP systems of the building.
- Resolving coordination issues was an ongoing process across project phases.
- They linked all models in a single file, though they were modelled separately in detail, in different file formats as per their discipline.
- The team generated inter-disciplinary clash detection reports of the project as per client needs.
- Each element of the building was modelled with detailed information to generate Bill of Quantities to ensure that the required material was accurately quantified.
- The BIM model at LOD 300 saved construction time and cost, by providing 95% to 98% accurate number of quantities for the required material and elements, and their total cost.
- Clash detection and resolution report of the project helped in addressing design issues prior to construction.
- Single Revit model environment made it easier to coordinate different disciplines.
Project became proactive and cost-effective not only during construction phase but also in the operational phase.