A construction project management company based in Saudi Arabia
The client approached us for developing a BIM model of a hospital building at LOD 500 in compliance with AIA standards. A multi-disciplinary team of BIM professionals delivered an integrated, information-rich BIM model using the Autodesk BIM tools (Revit Architecture, Revit Structure, Navisworks) and MEP 2013.
Autodesk Revit® (Architecture, Structure, MEP), Autodesk Navisworks®
- Modeling elements as constructed assemblies for facilities operations and maintenance.
- Abstracting material quantities from the model.
- In-time construction as per tender deadlines.
- Short turnaround times as construction work had already started.
- Conflict management and BIM adoption issues.
- Data exchange challenges for creating an as-built model, with various stakeholders storing information in diverse formats.
Solutions & Approach.
- Developed models using Autodesk Revit Architecture, Structure, Navisworks and MEP 2013.
- Established a conflict management plan to enable faster collaboration and meet deadlines.
- Documented BIM geometry, text documentation and as-built BIM information mandate for O&M and FM purposes.
- Detected and resolved interdisciplinary clashes to mitigate risks and reduce rework.
- Generated accurate material takes offs and construction scheduling.
- Delivered BIM model at LOD 500 ahead of deadline.
- Led to time and money savings considering the data value from the digital handover in LOD 400 – 500.
- Fulfilled owner’s information need for maintenance, management and budget.
- Single model environment made it easier to coordinate different disciplines.
- Revit families with information and parameters helped with FM and O&M purposes.
- Revit families for the medical equipment helped with asset management and FM purposes.
We had no idea where to start from. The construction had already started and we were busy figuring out the pros and cons of working with Hitech. Their BIM modelers went that extra mile to answer all our questions, and ensured that we were happy with our decision.