Project Management Solutions provider, Saudi Arabia
Industry: Healthcare Facility
Modelers at HitechDigital created an information rich intelligent BIM model with LOD 500 as per AIA standards, for MEP, architectural and structural disciplines. It enabled the client with faster collaboration and gain control over the project across facility management phase.
- Understanding design challenges.
- Modeling elements as constructed assemblies for Maintenance and operations.
- Abstracting material quantities from the model.
- In-time construction as per tender deadlines.
- Building was designed as per local byelaws & general standards.
- Construction work had already started leading to issues with
- BIM adoption
- Unreasonable turn-around time to deliver detailed BIM models
- Interdisciplinary clash detection
- Construction simulations
- Material take off & scheduling
We created an information rich intelligent BIM model with LOD 500 as per AIA standards, for MEP, architectural and structural disciplines, with an intent to not only make the construction process more efficient by also empower owners with a smooth and streamlined facility management once the building get occupied.
- Dedicated team of BIM professionals with specialization across various disciplines and software including AutoDesk Revit Architecture, Structure, Navisworks and MEP 2013, initiated the work of implementing higher collaboration across the project.
- Offshore support was leveraged to enable faster collaboration, and hence meet deadlines.
- Apart from BIM geometry, text documentation and as-built BIM information mandate for O&M and FM purposes was documented.
- Interdisciplinary clashes were detected to mitigate risks and reduce rework.
- Accurate material takes offs and construction scheduling was provided.
- Single model environment made it easier to coordinate different disciplines.
- Revit families with information & parameters required for FM and O&M purposes.
- As-built BIM information for operations, maintenance, and facility management purposes.
- Revit Families for the Medical Equipments for Asset management and FM purpose.
We had no idea where to start from. The construction had already started and we were busy figuring out the pros and cons of working with HitechDigital. Their BIM modelers went that extra mile to answer all our questions, and ensured that we were happy with our decision. We talk on-off with our client, and they still praise the accuracy of the model that helps them in their routine maintenance activities and budget allocation.