A leading building contractor based in the U.S.
The contractor was in charge of a project to install new utility systems at a national park without disturbing the existing mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection systems. The firm approached Hitech to develop MEP models of proposed systems and develop coordinated BIM models to ensure clash-free and effective installation of new utility systems with existing ones. Hitech’s team delivered clash-free BIM models within a month.
- Adopt BIM for constructing new garden area in existing national park.
- Integrate new utility systems above and below ground with existing MEP systems.
- Complete the project within 6 weeks.
- Fitting in a large amount of piping (mechanical, electrical, plumbing and FP) through the maze of existing MEP services.
- Lack of reliable as-built documentation for the park areas.
- Limited turnaround time.
Hitech’s BIM team delivered the following over one month
- Revit MEP and architectural models at LOD 300 of new garden area.
- Modeled existing site conditions.
- Developed Revit families of BIM objects for the site.
- Clash detection and resolution in Navisworks of existing and proposed architectural and MEP elements above and below ground.
- Coordinated building services model at LOD 300, with accurate layout of all new utility systems and architecture elements with existing services.
- HD renderings of project.
- Assigned a team of 10 BIM modelers, who studied the project scope, drawings and requirements and used the Autodesk BIM tools for executing the project.
- Developed terrain models based on CAD drawings of terrain. Updated the model according to given contour points and imported in Revit for getting accurate results.
- Developed 3D models of existing site, structure and systems based on CAD design drawings, contour and terrain drawings, MEP layout and services drawings as well as of proposed designs.
- Created Revit families of BIM objects. Complex structures, which could not be modeled using Revit family were developed using Rhino. A Revit family was then created using the Rhino file, which was then placed in to the Revit Model.
- Coordinated the detailed MEP and architectural models with existing connections and services to help avoid interferences.
Our intelligent coordinated BIM models helped improve project quality – minimizing RFIs and delays and speeding up MEP fabrication phase
Delivery ahead of schedule helped the client meet tender deadlines with ease
Renderings and coordinated models improved visibility into the project, improving collaboration
We are thrilled to have found a group like Hitech. We truly feel like they met and exceeded everything we could have asked of their company. We look forward to a long and bright future together.