The client is a European real estate management company that helps property owners to digitize and analyse housing property data for management and maintenance of buildings.
Autodesk Revit®, Dynamo Studio
- Create 3D BIM models at required LOD with information on surface areas, floor areas and quantities required for building maintenance, review of rent and property value determination.
- Create 2D drawings, floor plans and façade views.
- Develop BOQ details for individual house units.
- Upload the BIM models and drawings, linking it with GIS data of buildings.
- Poor quality of input data along with notes in native languages.
- Modeling of 13000 house units within a year complying with new local byelaws called for ramp ups and continual training.
- Inconsistent quality of drawings of 13000 houses.
Delivered 13000 BIM models, with associated drawings and BOQ for each model, within a short time duration of 9 months. This process involved incorporating process and workflow optimization using Dynamo to speed up delivery.
- Started with a pilot project and completed 15 models, with a team of 5 BIM modelers, who were provided training both to interpret notes in native language and to adhere to local byelaws.
- Ramped up and trained more team members to increase monthly outputs.
- Developed a database of BIM models and a process optimization tool to complete first batch of BIM models, reducing turnaround time by 45%.
- Developed a Revit-based API to compare models already developed with drawing inputs for new models.
- In case of a 100% match, existing models were reused and new versions generated.
- In case of a 70% match, key modelling elements were preserved and required rework was done to recreate new versions.
- In case of a 50% match or less: models were developed from scratch.
- Developed a quality management framework to manage quality control of models received from client-appointed vendors.
- Speeded up QC, data extraction and parametric inclusion of modeling elements by developing Dynamo scripts, further reducing turnaround time.
- In addition to the process optimization, certain tasks were automated using Dynamo scripts.
- Quality verification functions.
- Data extraction from models into real estate data sheets, to be uploaded on the online platform.
- Incorporation of certain parameters in modeling elements.
- Ramped up further to manage ongoing work and reducing turnaround time by over 50%.
- Accelerated project delivery standards helped client save 50% on time.
- With one source for managing 80% of BIM modeling work and 100% QC work, client saved 18% on costs.
The engineers and automation specialists handled the entire project very efficiently and accurately despite large volumes. Their patience directly uplifted the quality of the deliverables. We look forward to working with them on our future projects
– CEO, Real Estate Management Firm, Europe