The client is a European real estate management company that helps property owners to digitize and analyse housing property data for management and maintenance of buildings.
Autodesk Revit®, Dynamo Studio
- Create 3D BIM models at required LOD with information on surface areas, floor areas and quantities required for building maintenance, review of rent and property value determination.
- Create 2D drawings, floor plans and façade views.
- Develop BOQ details for individual house units.
- Upload the BIM models and drawings, linking it with GIS data of buildings.
- Poor quality of input data along with notes in native languages.
- Modeling of 13000 house units within a year complying with new local byelaws called for ramp ups and continual training.
- Inconsistent quality of drawings of 13000 houses.
Delivered 13000 BIM models, with associated drawings and BOQ for each model, within a short time duration of 9 months. This process involved incorporating process and workflow optimization using Dynamo to speed up delivery.
- Started with a pilot project and completed 15 models, with a team of 5 BIM modelers, who were provided training both to interpret notes in native language and to adhere to local byelaws.
- Ramped up and trained more team members to increase monthly outputs.
- Developed a database of BIM models and a process optimization tool to complete first batch of BIM models, reducing turnaround time by 45%.
- Developed a Revit-based API to compare models already developed with drawing inputs for new models.
- In case of a 100% match, existing models were reused and new versions generated.
- In case of a 70% match, key modelling elements were preserved and required rework was done to recreate new versions.
- In case of a 50% match or less: models were developed from scratch.
- Developed a quality management framework to manage quality control of models received from client-appointed vendors.
- Speeded up QC, data extraction and parametric inclusion of modeling elements by developing Dynamo scripts, further reducing turnaround time.
- In addition to the process optimization, certain tasks were automated using Dynamo scripts.
- Quality verification functions.
- Data extraction from models into real estate data sheets, to be uploaded on the online platform.
- Incorporation of certain parameters in modeling elements.
- Ramped up further to manage ongoing work and reducing turnaround time by over 50%.
- Accelerated project delivery standards helped client save 50% on time.
- With one source for managing 80% of BIM modeling work and 100% QC work, client saved 18% on costs.