The client is US-based architecture, interior design, and facility survey and assessment service provider, offering various types of contracting services to a global clientele. With over 100 employees, it commands an annual revenue of $22 Million.
The company was handling several large construction projects, which needed as-built digitalization. For this, they had to convert as-built data/scans to 3D models. Along with the models, they needed to generate as-built documentation.
They were looking for a BIM partner to support them with the scan to BIM conversion, so that they could focus on their core area of surveying. They hence partnered with Hitech for commercial project. The scope of work was identified as:
- Creating of 3D Revit model at LOD 300-400 from point cloud scans
- Preparing 2D as-built drawings from Revit with dimensions and details
- Generating complete set of PDF files with floor plans, building sections, elevations
The BIM engineers at Hitech created an information rich 3D Revit model with detailing level of LOD 300-400 with a tolerance of +/- 10mm for the commercial project. The models were supported with detailed and accurate 2D as-built drawings as per required standards.
- The team collated all the scans files sent by the client as input and cleaned up irrelevant data. Due to the heavy size of the input files, the team had to overcome challenges of slow systems and graphic generation. The team overcame this challenge by managing worksets and views.
- Based on the inputs and 360 photos provided by the client, assumptions for scans was made where scans were not clearly visible or with low density or unclear area.
- The team then created an accurate As-Built 3D model with 10mm accuracy within the given timeline, based on the point cloud data.
They also prepared a complete set of drawings with floor plans, building sections, and elevations.
- Quality Check: Internal and external QC was carried out based on pre-defined parameters and benchmarks. A complete Revit file audit was also conducted to verify content integrity and ensure that all quality standards were met.
- Deliverables: Accurate Revit 3D models and as built drawings of the building with precise area and space details were then sent to the client.
Optimized costs resulting from accuracy and efficiency
Completion within defined timeline of 2 months