Trailer manufacturer, Canada
Industry: Automotive Industry
The client, a trailer manufacturer, had to analyze the design integrity of the frame design which could be deformed under heavy loading conditions. Real time scenario was simulated using FEA in ANSYS Professional NLS 14.5 by Hitech FEA specialists and obtained the results marking the proposed designs to be safe.
- Evaluate functional performance of the trailer to withstand heavy loads.
- Predict stresses in the frame subjected to loading.
- Check if the deflection is within permissible limits as specified standards so that it can carry cargo loads without damage.
- Investigate the vibrations and resonance that disturbs structural stability of the frame.
- In-depth understanding of actual load distribution and developing both the models with same element type, size and quality parameters.
- Maintaining uniformity in developing mesh model to perform accurate structural analysis.
- Replicating designated motion loads in both the FE models.
- Calculating loads depending on applicable conditions.
Trailer frame CAD models provided by the client were cleaned to make FE models and apply boundary conditions to obtain results of simulations. FEA specialists at Hitech tested the structural integrity of frame and it was observed that both the trailer frame designs were acceptable.
- The CAD models of frame designs were cleaned and made into mesh models for analysis in ANSYS Professional NLS 1.4.
- Considering suitable boundary conditions and loading conditions were applied to mesh models.
- Both finite element sized and contact elements were defined clearly to obtain the accurate results of FEM.
- Results for displacement and vibration were compared for intended loading conditions.
- Substantial reduction in cost and time associated with physical test trials due to simulation solutions.
- Assessment results significantly reduced the manufacturing time frame.
We experienced a sharp decrease in our manufacturing lead time by several folds which because of great contribution of Hitech’s FEA specialist and their excellent capabilities to work with simulation techniques.
- Functionality of trailer frames were tested which exempted any delays in manufacturing.
- Quick and accurate performance simulations insights were gained.