The UK based organization working with governments and companies across the world to enable international trade and investment. They support their clients in building and executing strategic plans to attract investments and grow businesses in new markets.
The company relied on thousands of customer records lying in its CRM database for its marketing efforts. However, the number of duplicate records, incomplete entries and chaotic nature of the database adversely impacted the marketing ROI.
The international trade and investment company wanted a well segmented, agile and clean customer profile database which would propel a focused marketing penetration and accelerate targeted growth. They therefore wanted to validate, verify, cleanse, enrich and classify customer information to create effective customer profiles so that they could connect with the right customers with the right message.
- Identifying the right web sources to collect erroneous or missing organizational information given the data disparity across online sources.
- Standardizing data in the existing CRM database which was collected from multiple structured and unstructured data sources.
- Since all information was not available on a single source, significant time and efforts were involved in capturing the data from multiple sources.
Designed a standardized workflow for accurate customer profile update in the CRM database which included:
- Deployment of custom web crawlers to search, identify and collect required company details from authentic online sources.
- Use of handwritten codes and scripts to automate validation and verification of company details against the information collected from authentic online sources.
Workflow was split in two parts for better resource utilization and increased productivity. Verification and update of intricate and confidential details like revenues, year on year turnover and number of employees was done with help of complex handwritten codes. However, Macros and crawlers were used to collect, verify and enrich simpler and easily available details like foundation year, company addresses, and contact details from sources like company websites, social media sites, business directories etc.
- The database of customer records received on FTP folders was assessed for gaps and scope of update needs
- Verification and validation of all records against online sources using programmed bots and macros
- Filling in of missing information and appending them to records by using custom web crawlers to capture data from online sources
- Data extraction patterns were recorded and re-deployed to expedite the data validation and verification process
- Intelligent tagging of records according to demographics helped classify the data for ease of use
- Reports and interactive dashboards were shared with client as a value addition
Quality Check and Audit:
- 100% data accuracy check of compiled database using automated scripts
- Rules driven quality check to ensure accuracy of classification and prioritization
100 % accuracy of CRM database
Enhanced cross selling and up selling opportunities
Better marketing ROI
Increased sales revenue