UK based company providing market research services and social media insights to production houses
Industry: Media & Entertainment
A leading market research firm needed a solution to study pre-launch audience feelings and develop invaluable insights for Hollywood movies and TV shows. The process involved identifying news articles and social media posts relevant to the targeted list of movies and TV shows, and analyzing statements conveying the sentiments in form of positive, negative and/or ambivalent.
- Assessment of promotional merchandise and teasers to be launched.
- Comprehensive checks and finalization of research reports for each movie / TV show.
- Less than 1% error rate.
- Massive data size, fluctuating volumes, and strict deadlines.
- Subjective nature of articles requiring extensive comprehension and classification.
- Idiosyncratic nature of statements conveying the sentiments.
- Real time trend changes based on the campaign.
- Dynamic keyword and phrases for sentiment assessment involving multiple meanings and applications within the same statement.
- Articles were checked comprehensively to identify keywords / initiators for insights into audience feelings, preferences and characteristics.
- Manual inspection for data authentication was done to identify and record statements that conveyed sentiments.
- Double tiered QC process before the data and reports are released to client.
- Final report developed indicating total article views, total buzz and sentiments (positive, negative and ambivalent).
- Classify, Capture & Code.
- Comprehensive check of data, based on dynamic keywords.
- Identify and record editorial sentiment of articles, based on predefined criteria.
- Reports with data visualization providing insights:
- Total number of viewership of articles from key sites.
- Total number of shares and / or likes.
- The focus / buzz in most of the articles (indicate the percentage).
- Positive and negative sentiments (in some cases, absence of sentiment).
Client was able to identify shows that were likely to be successful and assigned them selective time slots and marketed them to target audience.
- Client identified teasers likely to be successful, and assigned them choice time slots, while marketing them to their target audience.
- Data visualization with indicative insight helped direct marketing campaigns to be refined.
- Rapid access to data consolidated from all sources led to more educated decision making.
The reaction from our clients has been overwhelmingly positive. They were amazed at how quickly we can drill into data combined with the prettiness. The social media analytics unlocked the value content, allowing them to better engage the fan base, optimize marketing and ultimately increase profits and ratings.