A leading global private equity and venture capital firm founded in 1995, which has raised more than $13 billion and invested in more than 250+ growth-stage software, internet, and data services companies.
Industry: Venture Capital
Client’s investment teams were required to meet thousands of companies each year, select a handful to invest in, supporting them with market insights and exposure to potential acquisitions and acquirers. Web research & analytics of data collected and de-duped, helped the client to expand their reach to software, internet and data services companies, globally.
- Reduce the time to decision.
- Collect relevant data and convert it to actionable information.
- Data consolidation required in-house teams to work double shifts.
- To improve efficiency of investment teams working alongside companies to help them reach their growth objectives.
- Statistics like revenue, profit, biographies of key persons were extremely hard to find.
- Data consolidation from multiple sources in excel, where smallest of mistake meant complete rework.
- Time and efforts spent in searching new companies went in vain, upon finding them in existing data base when de-duped.
- Web research followed with analysis of data collected for more than 150,000 software companies with required information including C-level company executives contact information.
- Data collected was then visualized and modeled, viz. companies located in tier 1-3 cities, operating in various time zones, count of employees on board, and much more.
- Next segmentation was done based on the size of customers these companies catered to, and the revenue generated YOY basis.
- Put together a web research team capable of sizing software companies based on their financial status, employee strength and economic conditions of the country it belonged to.
- Workflows were designed and derived that matched near to unrealistic turnaround time requirement of the client for source lists viz. exhibitor list, insight list, partner list, journal list, PRNewswire list etc.
- Data was collected and stored from various data sources into excel spreadsheets with complete company details and then was submitted into client’s database.
- Designed and deployed ‘Primary Market Data Analysis’ report to present the current market stand of software companies.
- Cost savings
- Single version of truth
- Rapid access to data consolidated from all sources
- Reports were visually more appealing
- Accurate information led to data based decision making
Client reached out to leading software, internet and data service companies to invest in, for potential acquisitions.