A leading solution provider of building survey, design, construction, and management solutions.
The surveyor approached us to develop an as-built Revit model of a Starbucks outlet from Point Cloud data obtained through scanners and drones. Our Revit engineers studied photographs of the construction, followed by extensive extrapolation, to obtain 3D geometry from scans and photos. The team completed the project within 16 weeks.
- Combine all building information into a single BIM model.
- Gain insights into building condition for facility management.
- Develop an as-built Revit model of the existing construction facility.
- Large volume of scanned data, with many redundant scan files (multiple scanned files of same area from varying angles).
- Less than accurate scans, as several areas of the construction and complex interiors were not scanned accurately.
- Need to take calculated modeling risks for the areas not visible in scans, which could result in time-consuming work processes.
Based on Point Cloud data of hundreds of gigabytes, 360° photographs and CAD drawings, the team delivered
- An as-built Revit model with an accuracy of 10mm within 16 weeks.
- A Final PDF file with cover sheet, site plan, floor plan, building section, reflected ceiling plan, above ceiling plan, roof plan, interior elevations, etc.
- Multiple .rcs files received from the client were segregated and duplicates were deleted.
- Engineers created initial mesh model of the scanned data points in order to understand basic 3D topography of the store facility by positioning the scanned data.
- Revit model was developed element by element with references from the photographs shared by the client.
- For the scanned areas with lower density of points, engineers assumed the dimension and finished the model to get approvals from client to avoid insertion of misleading information.
- Upon receipt of approvals, cut sections were then developed along with floor plans, roof plans, cover sheet, site plan, elevations and sections.
- Self QC, peer QC and audits by project managers were done for all Revit files to rate them based on multiple parameters.
- If the ratings did not meet the threshold limit .rvt files were sent for revisions before sharing with client to maintain high-quality deliverables.
Our solutions helped the client
- To complete the complex Revit modeling project with high accuracy.
- Deliver ahead of schedule to his customer.
- Use the file directly for examination of the building condition in a collaborative manner.
Hitech engineers are extremely skilled at using Revit functions, and with the pace and quality they delivered our project, we are sure that their capabilities to handle complex projects and deliver them on time are soaring high.