A global leader in furniture product manufacturing, based in the U.S.
The client approached us to create Revit families from furniture product designs. They were looking to align their designing and modeling practices with other construction stakeholders, following the Autodesk Seek Standards. Our BIM team created more than 550 Revit families of furniture products with appropriate architecture and engineering documentation, complying with standards.
- Create fully functioning BIM objects in 3D Revit models of chairs, sofas, couches etc.
- Have the minimum file size of BIM objects to avoid storage space issues and quick modification.
- Accuracy in product geometry including a standardized format in order to maintain product integrity as per Autodesk Seek Standard.
- Maintaining all the parameters of original designs while keeping smaller file sizes.
- Modeled 550 Revit families for chairs, sofas, couches and other furniture products, with all product information and detail for material and finishes.
- Prepared precise technical documentation of furniture products for architectural and engineering activities.
- Ensured compliance with Autodesk Seek Standards.
- Collated the design intelligence from product pictures and dimensional geometry shared by the client.
- Developed the initial models based on the images, materials specification for the frame and upholstery of the product and shared with the client for approvals.
- Developed fully functional Revit families following updates on missing technical details.
- Ensured minimum possible file sizes and a standardized format across the project tenure to maintain the product integrity as per the Autodesk Seek Standards.
- High level of accuracy enhanced model performance for the client.
- Enabled the client to provide required Level of Detailing in the models when coordinating with other project stakeholders.
Our partnership with HitechDigital BIM managers turned out to be way more than expected because of their keen interest in delivering the accurate quality and going that extra mile to achieve the goals.