The client is a leading architectural and construction firm in the US. They design and construct residential units in conformity with local design norms. With over 250+ employees and a turnover of $55.13 million in sales (USD), they operate 20+ companies in the real estate housing sector space.
The pandemic fueled an increased demand for individual houses with garden and parking (Front Yard/Back Yard) people chose to move out from congested downtown apartments / Flats to open spaces in the countryside. To cater to this rising demand, the client needed approval from authorities to construct a township with 500+ residential units on the outskirts of the city (California). The approvals from concerned authorities required the client to submit accurate approval drawings in accordance with the local city standards.
Since the demand was almost five times higher than usual, the in-house resources were not adequate. So for the first time, the client decided to outsource their architectural and electrical approval drawing requirements.
They partnered with HitechDigital to:
- Convert architectural and electrical design drawings to approval drawings for approximately 500+ units. The drawings in AutoCAD, had to conform to local standards/templates
- Generate coordinated design drawings in AutoCAD 2D
- Create approval drawings for multiple other units for township projects that were running in parallel and were time sensitive
HitechDigital converted architectural and electrical design drawings to approval drawings as per local standards/templates in AutoCAD for approximately 500+ units.
They delivered coordinated design drawings in AutoCAD 2D.
- The team at HitechDigital first studied the local standards and AutoCAD standards relevant to the project.
- A team of 5+ AutoCAD certified experts were trained on the local standards needed for approval by the city authorities for this specific project.
- Design inputs were received in *.dwg format. The HitechDigital team converted these design drawings into a complete set of approval drawings. This was done after validating coordinated drawings against both electrical and architectural drawings.
- The approval drawings were created with respect to proper format, scale, layering, line weight and other local mandated standards.
- RFIs were raised as required and weekly call discussions were made between both teams to resolve/review design issues
- Almost similar (typical) houses were identified and prioritized to enable quicker replication and quick wins.
- The client used, signed and submitted these drawings for city approval. The accurate deliverables helped client gain approval for multiple residential units in a short period of time for further site development and upselling.
- Client satisfaction: HitechDigital identified as sole outsourcing partner and partnership extended by a further period of two years for multiple other projects.