A UK-based industry leader in high quality PET bottle recycling, the company manufactures rPET material from post-consumer and post-industrial recycled PET bottles for the food and beverage industry. With ongoing investment in technology and machinery, the company aims to enhance production capabilities without compromising on product quality.
Due to high government emphasis on recycling, stringent product quality and compliance standards, plastic waste recycling owners need to be very diligent about the quality of deliverables to customers. Further, sustaining growth in a competitive environment, the client also needed to constantly ramp up the quality and quantity of production output.
Though the significant government support for recycled products worked in its favour, the client faced challenges like:
- Manual processes for various functions including inventory, order management, supplier management etc. offered no shop floor visibility to stakeholders hampering the quality check processes.
- Huge errors due to extensive use of excel sheets for PO details and delivery schedules.
- Complex and time-consuming weighing, quality testing and packaging process for each batch.
- Use of semi-automatic machine for quality testing and manual updation of quality reports after production./li>
- Need to store batch samples for quality check purpose to solve any end users’ query.
- No maintenance of quality reports for each production batch for future reference that led to customer dissatisfaction and affected sales.
- Error-prone rework for quality report preparation to meet customer demands.
Our digital end-to-end quality management solution includes:
- Monitoring of entire production process and quality-related data.
- Generation of intuitive and accurate production and quality report.
- Delivery of easy QR-code based material tracking along with several dispatch documents like delivery notes and invoices.
- Seamless integration with the weighing scale and weighing bridge.
- Synchronizing of isolated processes of order management, packaging, lab testing, warehouse management and support and dispatch management.
- Prepare detailed ‘As-Is’ process document based on several inputs in excel sheets for sales order, purchase order, delivery notes and invoices.
- Understand the pre-defined KPIs and several modules for quality and compliance for plastic waste recycling production.
- Develop an integrated digital system for web-based order entry, raw material management, production and packaging process, lab testing, warehouse and dispatch management.
- Automate lab testing and quality report generation process that reduces human intervention and storage of batch samples.
- Fetch data directly from the systems to deliver smart and proactive insights to make informed decisions.
- Deliver and maintain regular reports to solve any customer and compliance related queries.
Improved product quality and data management
Reduced scrap and wastage
Smoother quality audits and compliance
Optimized processes due to reduced human intervention