With more than 30 years of industry experience, a specialist RPET sheets manufacturing company converts upto 800 tons of flake every month to create packaging for food and non-food items. Currently, it is the only company in the entire United Kingdom for extruding RPET sheets with color sorting capabilities.
The entire manufacturing shop floor was operated manually – with no visibility of processes, stock availability and production plan. The company was looking to:
- digitize end-to-end production processes
- integrate various shop floor data systems functioning in silos and use that data to make informed decisions
- track production and delivery schedules in real time
- increase operational efficiencies and reduce costs
There was no mechanism to track inventory, inward raw material, and throughput against raw material. Lack of clarity on raw material yield, storage capacity, plant productivity and customer demand often led to:
- Inaccurate production planning leading to order delays
- Miscommunication with both vendors and customers
- Increased errors due to manual quality check processes
- Gaps in order booked vs delivery in case of bulk order and partial delivery requirements
Due to manual and inflexible barcode process and multiple over writing of information on deliverables, chances of losing vital information were high.
We delivered a customized, end-to-end solution which digitized all manufacturing processes, linked customers, suppliers and systems – with user based access for real time insights, quality checks and automated notification and alerts.
- Production planning and scheduling module: Converted experience based manual process into complete automated process
- Fully customized dashboard and real-time alerts: For inventory, production and quality- for smoother customer and vendor management, raw materials sourcing, in process materials vs. finished products, bill of materials and dispatch management.
- Quality management module: Transformed manual paper based system into digital paperless system to maintain logs for quality checklists and deliver accurate findings of various quality audits.
- Delivery documents: Automatic generation of customized packaging labels and related delivery documents for reduced errors and enhanced efficiency.
- Purchase orders: Seamless integration with the client’s accounting system for hassle-free purchase order generation.
The manufacturing execution system helped to:
- Eliminate manual intervention, increase production flow and reduce production stoppages.
- Get Intuitive reports to monitor quality and quantity of raw materials from suppliers and shop floor.
- Gain higher visibility and real-time insights to enhance production schedule and delivery.
- Conducted brainstorming sessions with shop floor leaders and other stakeholders.
- Our experts mapped current ‘As-Is’ production processes with post digital ‘To-Be’ processes to ensure smooth transition from manual to digital system without disrupting business continuity.
- The As- is processes were broadly divided into: supply chain management- vendor/ supplier management and inventory management, production planning and scheduling and quality management systems.
- Cloud- based MES – Manufacturing Execution System was delivered to minimize manual intervention, connect fragmented processes for holistic MES reporting and integrate with the client’s legacy accounting system.
- Used analytics for predictive analysis, infused process enhancements and built a scalable system to make it future prepared.
Increased visibility to nearly 100%
Enhanced production efficiency 5%
Boosted shop floor productivity by 10%
Reduced quality-based rejection by 8-10%
Achievement of production goals increased by 20%