A global manufacturer specializing in the designing, production and distribution of furniture settings, products and fixtures to retail outlets and offices worldwide.
The company planned an accelerated growth strategy and was looking for a partner to manage their engineering processes for 50+ metal and wood products, such as seating furniture, display counters cabinets, kiosks, food service counters, panels and partitions, racks, etc.
- Highly personalized furniture design and manufacturing, with dimensions, shapes and other specifications unique to individual customer boutique, stores or office.
- 100% Quality Assurance was a pre-requisite, as design and fabrication data were to be delivered directly to the shop floor.
- Faster turnarounds to cater to speedy project delivery schedules.
Hitech partnered with the client to address a range of engineering, production and business challenges and requirements.
- First Time Right Deliverables – in 100% of the design and fabrication data sent to production.
- Design improvements through FEA Simulation and Analysis reducing material costs, prototyping costs and lead times.
- Speeding up Product Installation – through assembly documentations and animations.
- Advisory solutions – as and when required to address diverse challenges such as identifying new markets for setting up production plants, supplier identification and selection for components, etc.
Autodesk Inventor®, Autodesk Vault®, Autodesk 3ds Max®, Autodesk Configurator 360®
End-to-End Engineering solutions – from concept to manufacture
- Developing detailed 3D models of furniture products.
- Developing 2D detailed fabrication drawings of the products.
- Creating manufacturing documents.
Process Improvements ensuring First Time Right for 100% deliverables
- Setup virtual / remote Autodesk Vault server to ensure flawless, seamless data transfer with client’s Vault server and data management system.
- Setup knowledge sharing mechanisms to ensure project team members across shifts are on the same page on updates, revisions, new requirements, etc.
- Two-level quality checks preventing the need for quality audits at client end.
- Ensuring 100% First Time Right design and fabrication data, which is directly used at the shop floor for manufacturing.
Product Installation Documentation Support
- Connected with client’s manufacturing ERP to follow exact naming conventions, part numbering practices, etc.
- Automated data capture and image capture actions to enable 20% time savings.
- Creating Assembly Guidelines documentation and animations to allow speedy and accurate assembling for product installations.
- Supplier selection for components, as and when required.
- Market research and intelligence to enter new markets or establish extended manufacturing sites, etc.