Data Conversion Company, Brussels, Belgium
Set up a process to scan and administer patient’s medical forms with immaculate quality in the quickest turnaround time.
Workflow was discussed, designed, developed and approved by the client to scan and administer 100,000 plus patient medical forms – Daily
After comprehending client requirements, dual stream scanners were finalized to get an output of four images per sheet (front/back in black and white as well as front/back in color).
- Blank pages, pre-printed blank pages and different orientations which were not as conveyed to our teams by the client.
- Inappropriate stacking and classification of forms received from client end.
- Appropriately arranging the forms in the order as prescribed in the workflow so that there are no wrong entries.
- Our data entry professionals, though skilled, were sure of taking extended time to understand the medical lingo and various types of forms that were to be scanned & indexed.
- Client was satisfied with the benefits of documents scanning, document indexing and everything related to conversion from analogue documents to digital files.
- Enhanced and secured document storage made it convenient for the client to adhere to increasing norms of confidentiality.
- Physical Medical forms scanned and converted to Digital files used less storage and as are environmentally friendly – saved the client a lot of overheads.
- Digital files, easily accessible and conveniently comprehensible helped the client to improve the patient care to a great extent.
- Client selected nearly 50 data entry operators, with basic knowhow about medical forms.
- Dual stream scanners were finalized to get an output of four images per sheet (front/back in black and white as well as front/back in color).
- Enlisted nine steps were followed to accomplish the task:
- Picking: The picking is done manually based on the patient list provided by the hospital. The picker picks the concern patient file from the physical archive of the hospital and fills it in the box.
- Preparation: The box filled with patient files are sent to the preparation center for preparation. Preparatory executive opens each file and shuffle them properly and make them san ready.
- Scanning: The patient files are scanned on dual stream scanners. It gives us an output of four images per sheet (front/back in black and white as well as front/back in color).
- Identification: After uploading the raw scanned files to the server, the files are mapped with the patient database in the DocFlow software. This process is called identification.
- Clean Up: Once the file has been recognized in the identification step the operator has to perform Clean Up process. We have to delete the blank pages, pre-printed blank pages, change the orientation and choose between B/W & Color wherever required.
- Stacking: In this process pages within the patient files are stacked based on the different categories such as emergency, internal letters, external letters and/or by different departments emergency, gastro, onco, neuro, nefro etc. etc. based on the project requirement.
- Classification: Once the stacking is done the operator classifies the stacks with the relevant category.
- Quality Control: The quality controller verifies the files and ensures that the documents are classified as per the required standards.
- Production: Once the file passes through the quality check process the files are produced in PDF and XML format.
Consistent upgrades in our systems, processes and skills, as reciprocation to the ever evolving technological demands, ensure that our solutions related to documents scanning, indexing and conversion from analogue documents to digital files, are the ones with latest technological adoptions to assist our clients to stay competitive.