World’s largest express transportation company providing intercontinental and international express delivery Services to U.S. and more than 220 countries and territories. They are supported in their operations by a global air-and-ground network which ensures speedy delivery of time-sensitive shipments.
Client already had readymade shipping rate and delivery time database to be used by their 100+ Global Sales Executives (GSEs). However; to cater to more than 220 countries and territories, they wanted to equip their GSEs with accurate and updated shipping rates and delivery time. It would help them make informed decisions while quoting rates to prospective customers.
Hitech was approached for the price sheet data processing project that involved preparation of customized rate charts in RFP/RFQ template files.
- Managing resources with multilingual capabilities, who could understand the terminologies of courier delivery services and address data from different countries.
- Equip data processing team with information about shipping and logistics, detail the Import and Export packaging as per priority, economy, overnight and other services.
- Data extraction from key fields and entering it into the RFP/RFQ for 10-100 countries.
- Identifying region wise zoning template files, and then entering the rates separated by weight and varied services.
A workflow was designed and deployed to extract data and enter it into the RFP/RFQ for 10-100 countries with their region wise zoning structure and template file, clubbed with the rates bifurcated by weight and different services.
A dedicated team of 15+ skilled data entry professionals was set up to enter, map and validate standardized rate data against individual country rate sheets, zoning code, specific services etc. Data professionals with domain experience connected with client representatives for further clarifications – wherever needed.
- FTP folders were used to receive rate sheet clubbed with fuel surcharge, dry ice surcharge etc. in excel/PDF formats sent by GSEs.
- Data was extracted from key fields, mapped and validated against fuel surcharge, dry ice surcharge, individual discounts etc. for 100+ countries
- Rates were validated and bifurcated by weight and services keeping in line with different zones and regions and added to the template provided
- Skilled researchers scouted for appropriate rate at origin country rate sheets and checked for zoning code for the destination country
Quality Check and Audit:
- Connecting with client representatives over a WebEx or a phone call or researching the web for further clarification, validation and authentication
- Multi-level quality checks used to ensure, rate sheets matched with services, weight and zoning for destination countries
Quality Check and Audit:
- Completed RFP/RFQ was shared with client through FTP servers
MS Office Applications, Custom tools, and Macros
Enhanced business revenues
Process consistency across geographies