Leading Book Publisher, Wellington, New Zealand
Formatting raw text, in predefined format, received in form of links, text files etc. by extracting raw data from the source files, and deliver them in PDF format; enabling the client to print and uploaded these books on Amazon/Google Books.
- Zeroing in on data entry experts with knowhow of historical writings such as classical fiction, philosophy, science, religion, folklore, mythology and sacred texts. In addition to it there were books on secret and esoteric subjects such as occult, freemasonry, alchemy, hermetic and ancient knowledge.
- Meeting client requirement of data entry, extraction, formatting, proof scanning & uploading 50 books daily with a single team handling this diverse task.
Designed, developed and adhered to a workflow that sufficed all the process and client needs of Data entry, data extraction, data formatting, proof reading followed with scanning & uploading books in PDF file formats on the FTP server.
- With more than 500,000 books published with our help; the client was able to live up to their reputation as an independent publisher, specializing in historical writings.
- The entire data entry process enabled the client to publish books in both print and as e-books for download of classical literature and old books that were long been out of print.
- Process of data entry, extraction, formatting, proof scanning & uploading books executed at our end helped the client gain immense popularity and customer satisfaction for classical fiction, hilosophy, science, religion, folklore, mythology and sacred texts, in addition to secret and esoteric subjects, such as occult, freemasonry, alchemy, hermetic and ancient knowledge.
- Client selected more than 25 candidates from the pool of data entry experts that we had shortlisted.
- The language proficiency of selected candidates was assessed, followed with their overall data entry expertise clubbed with extraction, scanning and client communication skills.
- To ensure a smooth workflow; the entire project was distributed in 5 different steps as enlisted below:
- Step 1: Data Entry personnel visit the data entry control panel on the backend link and do the research on internet and fill out the necessary information of the title as mentioned below:
- Year First Published
- About the Book (Description)
- About the Author (Biography,
- Date of Birth & Date Deceased)
- Step 2: Data Extraction & Book Formatting:
- Step 3: Cover Formatting: The cover needs to be formatted in Illustrator. The personnel who design’s the cover should copy the cover template and adjust the size of the spine based the number of pages of the books and with the help of the formula provided. Edit the book title, subtitle, author’s name, translator’s name. Add the ISBN barcode at the back of the page.
- Step 4: Proof Scanning (Quality Check): Quality Controllers were required to check the book to ensure that there are no errors as the books were required to be 100% perfect at the time of upload/delivery as the next step was to get printed. Parameters they checked for included:
- Broken paragraphs
- Text not justified
- Colored tags not removed
- Footnotes missed
- Images placed badly
- Drop-caps missed
- Drop-caps are present but look bad
- Title not updated
- Contents not updated
- Gap before and after the headings not even
- Information that is not part of the book present
- Any text out of place
- First 3 pages of the book are not centered
- Space between two columns
- Check Images
- Verse Number (size 9 & bold) and much more…
If there are any errors then the book should be returned to the Formatter to fix. Once ALL errors are corrected the book should be exported in PDF.
- Step 5: Uploading – Once the final PDFs of interior text and cover was ready, it was required to be uploaded:
- Upload to client web site via FTP.
- Upload to the printing company via FTP.
- Upload to Google Books / Amazon.
- Transfer files to external hard drive for backup purpose!
Consistent upgrades in our systems, processes and skills, as reciprocation to the ever evolving technological demands, ensure that our online as well as offline data entry solutions are the ones with latest technological adoptions to assist our clients to stay competitive.