Leading University, Brighton, UK
Digitization of hardcopy service log records for easy access and future reference
Data extraction from scanned images of service log into the excel spreadsheet, followed with data entry of 41 fields from French handwritten source files.
Technology / Software.
MS Excel, FTP Servers, Adobe PDF Readers
- Data entry of more than 41 fields from handwritten source files in French language with non-unique fonts & font size of hand written details.
- Client emphasized on efficiency of the resource, enhanced quality of work, but wanted to keep the cost low.
- Accurate and precise data extraction and entry from hard copy of service logs helped the client to have an insight into recruit details such as place of birth, residence and the career of the soldiers and the results of the medical examinations.
- Now that the records were digitized, accessing them by designated personnel anytime became more convenient.
Consistent upgrades in our systems, processes and skills, as reciprocation to the ever evolving technological demands, ensure that our offline data entry solutions are the ones with latest technological adoptions to assist our clients to stay competitive.
- 15 plus data entry professionals, used double keying method to attain 99.995% accuracy, in the workflow developed to accomplish data entry of more than 26,000 service logs in hand written format. They followed enlisted process flow:
- The personnel records were first organized in two archives:
- Archive individual: Records contain background information of the recruits, like place of birth, residence and the career of the soldiers.
- Archive collective: Records contain the results of the medical examinations.
- Receipt of enlisted details from the client through files on FTP servers:
- Data entry instructions
- Data entry template
- Scan images
- Special instructions
- Sample records were created and sent to the client for verification and confirmation to move ahead with other records.
- Stringent and multi-layered quality check process put at task ensure there are zero errors.
- Upon completion of data entry of a particular lot, completed files were delivered to the client through email with summary of completed records.