A leading Security Agency, UK
Scanning and accurate data entry of nearly 75,000 hard copy survey forms on daily basis.
Proper segregation and categorization of the hard copies to eliminate errors. Scanning and data entry of nearly 75,000 Surveys on daily basis, for timely delivery.
With the increasing importance of consolidated and secure database, many enterprises are now opting for effective data conversion. Apart from resulting into secured and centralized data archive; data conversion helps organizations to reduce costs and improve their efficiency.
The client, a prominent international security solutions group, with an intent for effective and error-free data conversion approached HitechDigital. They wanted to scan and enter data from hard copy ‘Global Employee Survey’ forms, comprising of 35 HR companies who opted for offline survey.
- To segregate and streamline the hard copies, as well as categorize them based on demography, date of survey and batch number.
- Storing and maintaining the data from the scanned copies.
- Constant Monitoring to eliminate any chances of errors in scanning or data entry.
- Quick and Effective conversion of complex and huge voluminous data into digital format.
- Accurate and streamlined data which can be easily accessed.
- Data stored in a centralized system, for convenient access in future.
Streamlining and proper categorization of the data was our primary focus. The hard copies were divided and cataloged according to the countries, date of survey and batch numbers.
- With Batch of surveys arriving at Hi-Tech office, the spread sheet were updated with following information:
- Date batch received
- Batch number
- Country survey received from
- Upon arrival and opening of a particular bunch of survey, again the following information were updated in the spreadsheet to avoid any further confusion:
- Location names (as shown on appendix)
- Reference number
- Country co-ordinator survey count
- Country co-ordinator name
- Country co-ordinator phone number
- Monitoring the surveys using labels, post-it notes, separate sheets of paper etc.
- To reorganise the data; appendix and surveys scanned were saved at a central location.
- Data entry processors reviewed the spread sheet to see where a batch of surveys require processing and update spread sheet with following information:
- Name(s) of data entry processors
- Date of data entry
- Data entry status
- Two data entry processors working simultaneously for same batch of surveys. The following is flagged during data entry to eliminate any discrepancies:
- Cell highlighted in yellow where DE processor is unsure of response.
- Leave the field blank where more than one response is given to a question.
- Quality control checker reviews spread sheet for batches and performs quality control. A query is run to highlight where there are differences between the two checkers keyed answers.
- QC checks scanned images of surveys to check correct answer and updates spread sheet accordingly.
- The final Excel files are send across to the client for uploading data in their system.