Leading Cement Manufacturer in UAE
Industry: Cement Manufacturing
Hitech provided shop drawings of a boiler support structure, based on a STAAD. Pro model prepared by client’s structural design team. Because the steel connections were too heavy for modeling, every steel member’s location was changed after importing it in TEKLA. Other design firms were also working on the same project and task; but we delivered the best results well within the deadlines. Our TEKLA model won the “TEKLA MODEL COMPETITION” and was recognized by Tekla India.
- General Arrangement drawings
- Assembly drawings
- Part drawings
- Build up a supporting structure for new boiler in cement plant
- Clash detection and resolution to save time & cost
- Lump sum mass at the top of structure 55 meters high, in form of a boiler was to be assumed to execute the project.
- Import the STAAD model into TEKLA & work on it while changing all member locations according to actual drawings.
- Steel connections to be done, were too heavy for TEKLA modeling.
- Other design firms developing the same structure model – simultaneously.
Tower height with a top structure in form of a boiler made it instable under earthquake forces, and to counter it, Tekla modeling of heavy beam-beam, beam-column, bracing connections was done. The model was then exported to Navisworks to remove possible clashes, and detailed shop drawings were prepared to streamline the execution process.
- STAAD working models, Structure drawings & connection sketches from structure engineers, received as inputs from clients were interpreted for further processing.
- Considering a lump sum mass at the height of 55 meters, execution was initiated with Tekla modeling of heavy beam – beam, beam – column, bracing connections.
- Next step was to export the Tekla model to Navisworks for clash detection and resolutions..
- Preparation of General Arrangement drawings, Assembly drawings and Part drawings.
- Detailed shop drawings helped the client.
- To reduce the overall installation time.
- To reduce project cost.
- Overall smoother execution of the project.
We strongly recommend Hitech iSolutions, LLP. They are a wealth of knowledge and experience when it comes to Tekla software and on top of that, they are very good with working well with others.
Earthquake resistant support structure for the boiler, with smoother project execution and reduced project cost.