The leading product photo editing and retouching company helps retailers across the USA operating in the apparel, home goods, beauty, and toys space to maintain their digital catalogs and brochures. Their solutions were used to enhance personalized customer experience, drive significant time on site and conversions.
To help retail and fashion brands entice customers through captivating images, the client was required to edit and retouch 2,000 to 3,500 fashion apparel images daily to be used in digital catalogs and brochures. They approached Hitech for product image editing and retouching at scale using Photoshop.
- Every product segment had different guidelines for editing and retouching.
- Editing apparel images adhering to client guidelines/ rules specific to every variety of apparels while keeping product originals intact.
- Delivering edited images within tight deadlines of 24 hours while ensuring final-look uniformity of apparel photos across batches.
- Accommodating fluctuations in volumes in tune to 25% to 30% adhering to turn around time of 24 hours.
Re-imagining the existing workflow and deploying different teams to deliver product images of various categories in 24 hours turnaround time following the lean methodology approach. Expertly edited product photos were delivered in PNG format, meeting client requirements of turning images from model to non-model, color correction, noise reduction, retouching etc.
Image editing specialists at Hitech designed and deployed a business rule-based human supervised post-processing workflow to receive, classify, select and edit fashion apparel images. It not only saved them time but reduced errors and fast tracked the entire process making it cost-efficient.
- Rule based auto-classification of images in to high, medium and low editing requirements.
- Basis this classification, product photos were assigned to separate teams of photo editors; depending on the need of normal editing and mannequin removal.
- Edit photos according to end clients’ requirements including correcting color, lightening overly dark photos, enhance contrast, remove background distractions and much more.
- Adobe bridge was leveraged for improving the overall quality of photo edits.
- Bots routed edited photos to a multi-layered quality check process.
- A separate team of fashion photo editors was deployed to qualify post-processed images before being sent to the client.
- Alerts/notifications for unedited/inadequately edited images, for further referencing, were generated with help of bots and macros.
Software & Technology
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Bridge, Custom tools and technologies
2,000 to 3500 product photos made ready to use every 24 hours
Shortened photo post-processing cycle enhanced end client experience
Improved quality of digital catalogs and brochures increased conversions
Enhanced brand recall value and customer experience